Monday, February 13, 2017

Batttlefield in a Box Terrain is Improving

I have been purchasing Battlefield in a Box terrain by Gale Force Nine for several years now. I have things such as rivers, streams, ponds, fences, fields, roads, bridges, and of course buildings.

Most of the items I have purchased I have been pleased with (except maybe the Petrol Station with its all grayish silver paint job).

I have seen an improvement in the buildings available from Gale Force Nine lately. The two examples I will point out are the European Farm and the Estate House. Generally the buildings I purchased have been one color on the outside walls with not much detail.

Another example of them getting better detail is this house. There are bricks on the walls and it is nicely painted.

The European House also has bricks. But what I noticed about it is that the bricks are not the same color. there are several different shades of bricks on the building. Also, some of the bricks protrude more from the wall than other bricks do. This it a great detail that is subtle unless you look very close at it.


The Steelworks Factory is another brick building. However, they are red bricks. But instead of just one color of brick they did try to have several different shades of bricks. Now, it does not have any bricks that protrude further than other bricks like the European Farm. But the different shading, instead of just one color of red bricks, is a very nice detail.


I am starting to see that Gale Force Nine is getting much better at detailing their terrain that comes in their Battlefield in a Box line. I can't wait to see what other terrain they create that will surprise me. If they continue to improve on their production the way they have so far their products will be in even more demand.

No comments:

Post a Comment