Wednesday, January 25, 2017

I Got A Surprise When My Volksarmee Team Yankee Book Arrived

I ordered the Volksarmee book for Team Yankee. This is the book you need if you want to play East Germans.

I was pleasantly surprised when my book came looking like this:

I didn't know it was going to come with Force and Formation cards. This was a surprise because I didn't see anywhere about it coming with these cards. There were a total of 17 cards included with the rule book.

I then wondered why they were included? No other rule book I've gotten for Team Yankee came with Force and Formation cards. Then another player said that it might be because if you buy a T-72 model from Battlefront (the makers of Team Yankee) there will be no Volksarmee card included. This made sense to me.

I opened up the book and got to the cards. They were in a ziplock baggie.

I took them out and tried to see if everything in the Voksarmee book had matching card.

Turns out there was not card for every piece of equipment in the Voksarmee book. I was confused. Then, after several minutes of going through the book and comparing the cards I found the answer. The only cards included in the Volksarmee book were those pieces of equipment that was in the Team Yankee rule book for the Soviet forces. If it wasn't in the Team Yankee rule book it did not get a card included with the Volksarmee book.

So it was a nice surprise to receive these cards for Volksarmee but a little disappointing that everything in the book did not have a card included. I guess you can't win them all and overall I was happy to receive my cards with this book. You can find the video of me opening the Volksarmee book and the cards here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsj3gDdGS04


No comments:

Post a Comment